Nutria Ragondin Sausage Jambalaya
- 2 lbs diced ragondin (nutria) meat
- 1 lb smoked sausage
- 1/4 c. oil
- 2 onions, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 c. rice
- 1 T Lea & Perrin's Worchestershire sauce
- 1 c. Rotel tomatoes
- 3 c. water
- Salt & pepper (to taste)
- Heat oil in large dutch oven.
- Brown nutria meat and sausage.
- Remove from pot.
- Add all other ingredients except rice.
- Simmer for 20 minutes.
- Return meat to pot.
- Cook 2-3 hours or until meat is tender.
- Add rice and bring to boil.
- Stir and cover.
- Cook over low heat for 35-40 minutes.
- Eat and enjoy!
- Serves 6 to 8.