Ambrosia Salad is a sweet mixture of gelatinous materials. From canned "fruit" to whipped cream, it has all the food groups covered - mandarin oranges, fruit cocktail, coconut, and marshmallows coated in whipped cream. This is a favorite salad at family gatherings in redneck parts of the world. And everyone knows, salads are healthy. Keep holding on to yesterday with a dish that will be the biggest part of any celebration.
- 2 (11 oz) cans mandarin orange segments, drained
- 2 (15 oz) cans fruit cocktail, drained
- 2 cups flaked coconut
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 (8 oz) container Whipped Cream or cool whip
- 1 16oz container sour cream
- 1 jar maraschino cherries, drained
- Mix the mandarin oranges, fruit cocktail, and coconut in a large bowl.
- Add whipped cream and marshmallows.
- Chill for at least an hour.
- Stir again before serving.